Project: Teachers Partnership between Kvemo Kartli /Samtskhe-Javakheti and other regions of Georgia
The exchange program “Teachers Partnership between Kvemo Kartli /Samtskhe-Javakheti and other regions of Georgia” is being implemented with the financial support of OSCE and close cooperation of Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia and thus, supports its reforms in that direction.
The aim of the project is to facilitate the process of bilingual teaching at minority schools by increasing Georgian language capacities of selected teachers of grades 1-6 from Kvemo Kartli and Samtskhe-Javakheti.
Target groups: 40 ethnic minority teachers from Kvemo Kartli and Samtskhe-Javakheti (20 teachers from each region).
• 80 schools throughout Georgia – 40 from Kvemo Kartli and Samtskhe-Javakheti
• The experience will also be rewarding for 40 host schools, as they will be able to establish contacts with their minority counterparts and learn about the issues their colleagues face in SJ and KK
• The teachers of host schools will also learn about multilingual education
• Ministry of Education of Georgia
• School children of 1-6 grades from 40 schools of Kvemo Kartli and Samtskhe-Javakheti
Within the framework of the project, 40 ethnic minority teachers – 20 from Samtskhe-Javakheti and 20 from Kvemo Kartli went for one month to Georgian schools to teach their respective subjects together with their Georgian colleagues. This experience will enable the guest teachers to increase their Georgian language skills which are relevant for the subject and practice conducting classes in Georgian language. In particular, teachers would master oral communication in Georgian language as well as learn using two languages in communication with Georgian language school students.